This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackPackMixins #CollectiveBias
There is something about a pudding cup that makes you feel like a kid again. From discovering one inside your sack lunch (jackpot!) or enjoying one after school with creative mix-ins, I think many of us have pudding cup memories attached to our childhood. Now that I’m a mom, I pay homage to my childhood pudding cups with my kids by getting creative with them and occasionally treating them to a fun treat after school. There are endless possibilities when it comes to mix-ins or decorating the tops of your pudding cups. All it takes is a little thinking outside the box and a few minutes of your time to create an extra special pudding cup moment for your kids that they’ll cherish into adulthood (and maybe with their own kids!).
With spring in full swing and greeting us desert dwellers with tank top weather, buzzing horse flies, and blooming cacti, it felt fitting to create a fun spring themed pudding cup for Collin to enjoy after school one afternoon. I created these lovely little blooming spring cactus pudding cups with just a few extra ingredients that can easily be mixed inside the pudding before enjoying. Yum!
Make a trip to your local Walmart where you’ll find Snack Packs and all the supplies you’ll need to create these edible cacti for your kiddos.
- green frosting (& tips!)
- pink candy flowers
- Snack Pack pudding cups
- white jimmies (sprinkles)
- Peter Pan peanut butter
- First, you’ll remove the lid from each pudding cup. I love the Snack Pack new easy open lids. I’ve lost many a pudding cup to a lid casualty, so I’m thankful Snack Pack has created an easy to open, no mess lid.
- Next, you’ll create a layer of desert dirt using the peanut butter. Since we’re creating dirt here, there’s not need to be neat with it.
- Once you get a nice layer of peanut butter on the surface of your pudding cup, use your green frosting to shape a cactus on top of your desert dirt.
- Top your cactus with a pink flower.
- Use the jimmies to add cactus needles.
Snack Pack’s new Pudding Bars would also make a yummy topping if you don’t have the time to create a blooming cactus like these ones. Simply crumble one up and top your favorite pudding cup with the pieces. Delish, friends! De-lish!
For more mix-in and topping ideas, check out the Snack Pack Mix-Ins website where bloggers like me are sharing our favorite ways to dazzle up the classic pudding cups.