Bourbon Bacon Roast Beef Sliders
These savory Bourbon Bacon Roast Beef Sliders are one of my husband’s favorite things in this whole world. If ever there were a meal that could describe my husband, I think this would be it. Bold, a little sweet, and even a little comforting.
To make these sliders, I start with the bacon. I candy the bacon with brown sugar and my husband’s favorite drink, bourbon. I use about half a cup of bourbon and reduce it in a small saucepan until it’s come down to roughly two tablespoons before removing it from the heat.
In a large plate, I combine some brown sugar and a little bit of cayenne.
I prefer to use a thicker cut whenever I make candied bacon, so that’s what I use here. I take a slice of bacon and dunk it in the bourbon reduction and then move it to the plate filled with brown sugar where I coat both sides with plenty of the mixture.
I set each slice on a rack that fits inside my baking sheet and repeat the process until all the bacon is coated.
The bacon gets cooked in the oven at 400F degrees until crispy.
Once the bacon is cooked to crispy perfection, I pull it out and set it aside to cool before reducing the oven temperature to 350F degrees.
Next I grab a large rectangle baking dish and grease the bottom with plenty of butter.
Then I line the pan with the bottom half of some slider buns.
Here comes some roast beef, and plenty of it!
Then a nice layer of sharp cheddar slices.
And then a layer of that bourbon candied bacon.
Then I place the top half of the buns over it all, cover it with foil, and pop it into the oven for about ten minutes.
Once the sliders are done, I pull them out and give them a grand finale: a coating of melted butter and poppy seeds. I brush the butter all over the tops of the buns and then sprinkle them with some poppy seeds.
Then they go back into the oven for another ten minutes without the foil.
These delicious Bourbon Bacon Roast Beef Sliders are served immediately while the cheese is still melting and the roast beef piping hot. I usually serve these with a side of french fries or barbecue beans and corn on the cob. My husband loves to dip them in a side of barbecue sauce and my kiddos eat them as they are.
- 10 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12-15 slider buns
- 1 pound roast beef
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a small saucepan, boil bourbon until reduced to roughly two tablespoons. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large plate, combine brown sugar and cayenne pepper.
- Dip slices of bacon into bourbon reduction and then brown sugar mixture to coat.
- Place bacon on rack over baking sheet and repeat with each slice of bacon.
- Cook bacon in 400F degree oven for about 6-7 minutes or until bacon reaches desired texture.
- Remove bacon and set aside; reduce oven temperature to 350F degrees.
- In a greased baking dish, layer bottom half of slider buns.
- Then add roast beef over the buns.
- Layer cheese slices over roast beef.
- Layer bacon slices over cheese.
- Cover with top half of slider buns.
- Cover baking dish with tinfoil and bake for ten minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush tops of buns with melted butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for an additional ten minutes uncovered.
- Serve and enjoy!