Slow Cooker Candied Cinnamon Pecans
This post contains affiliate links.
Making Candied Cinnamon Pecans should be on everyone’s holiday bucket list. Not only do they offer the classic cinnamon sugar flavor everyone loves, but they’re also so simple to make that even the busiest of us can find a few minutes to spare to toss the ingredients into a slow cooker.
To make these Slow Cooker Candied Cinnamon Pecans, start by beating together egg whites and vanilla in a medium sized bowl until frothy.
Add in your pecans, some sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix it all together.
Transfer pecans to a slow cooker that has been prepared with some nonstick cooking spray and cook on low for about three hours, stirring the pecans about every hour.
About half an hour before they’re finished, add in some water and stir.
Once the pecans are done, transfer them to a baking mat to cool. This will ensure crispy exteriors, which we all know if the very best part about Candied Cinamon Pecans, right?
These perfectly candied pecans not only taste like the holidays, but look gorgeous in a glass candy dish (here’s my clear glass pumpkin candy dish). They make great gifts when wrapped up in cellophane bags or holiday food containers, but I prefer to gift them in clear containers with a chalkboard sticker or in a brown paper bag with ribbon tied around it. Of course, filling a mason jar with them is also a lovely option.
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- In a medium bowl, combine egg whites with vanilla and beat until frothy.
- Add pecans, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Transfer pecans to slow cooker prepared with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook on low for three hours, stirring every hour.
- Half an hour before pecans are done, add in water and stir.
- Once finished, transfer pecans to baking sheet and spread out to cool.