Chipotle BBQ Pork Shoulder, a Classic American Dish with Latino Flair
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MejoresRecetas #CollectiveBias
In my blended family, we embrace several cultures that run deep in our heritage. My son is half Bolivian on his father’s side and their traditions are regularly celebrated at their family gatherings. My husband is Puerto Rican, therefore our daughter and my stepchildren all have Latin blood running through their veins. I feel a responsibility as the mother of a Latino family to embrace the flavors of their cultures and to regularly include it in our family meals. One way I love doing this is by combining classic American foods with authentic Latin flair from La Morena products. This Chipotle BBQ Pork Shoulder does exactly that, blending classic American barbecue with the flavor only chipotle can bring to the table.
To start, you’ll place your pork shoulder directly into a slow cooker.
Cover it with half a can of Coca Cola, an entire can of La Morena Chipotle Peppers, and a roughly chopped onion.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for four to five hours until the pork is fork tender.
Shred the pork using two forks and place it directly back into the juices from the slow cooker. Serve in corn tortillas topped with mozzarella cheese and cilantro.
- one pork shoulder roast (4-6 pounds)
- one can Coca-Cola
- one can La Morena Chipotle Peppers (7 ounces)
- two cups barbecue sauce
- one small onion (roughly one cup, chopped)
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional, roughly one cup)
- corn tortillas (optional, roughly 20)
- cilantro (optional garnish)
- Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker.
- Add half the can of Coca-Cola, the entire can of La Morena Chipotle Peppers, the barbecue sauce, and the chopped onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 7-8 hours. Pork should easily shred with fork.
- Remove pork shoulder from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Place shredded pork back inside slow cooker to marinate in the sauce.
- Serve with corn tortillas topped with mozzarella cheese and cilantro or on buns for pulled pork sandwiches.
For additional Latin recipes incorporating the authentic flavor from La Morena products, be sure to visit the La Morena website & search #MejorRecetas.