Dessert Sushi, A Family Fun Recipe
This month, I’m sharing a recipe I created that was inspired by Gilmore Girls, one of my most beloved shows. I discovered Rauri & Lorelai recently thanks to Netflix. In one particular episode, Lorelai created a Crazy Asia themed evening to cheer up her daughter, Rauri. Included in her menu for the evening was meatloaf sushi & dessert sushi. Lorelai’s candy creation is far beyond my creativity, but I didn’t let that discourage me. Instead, I whipped up a simple sushi recipe featuring bananas & peanut butter (or Nutella if you’re feeling scandalous!).
- peanut butter
- cinnamon (optional)
- nutella (optional)
- Slather a tortilla edge to edge with your choice of peanut butter or Nutella.
- If you’re adding cinnamon, do it now.
- Place a banana at the end of your tortilla.
- Roll the banana into the tortilla until completely enclosed.
- Slice into small sushi-like pieces.
This easy to make dessert is also a great addition to school lunches, party platters, or even as a take along to a party. My kiddos love dessert sushi & enjoy helping me create it in the kitchen.
This month, Netflix is all about Friendsgiving, a popular take on Thanksgiving where friends come together to celebrate good food & great company. In honor of friends & how they enrich our lives, here are 20 titles featuring dynamic duos available now on Netflix.
For the littles:
- Bob and Larry: VeggieTales in the House
- Bert and Ernie: Sesame Street: Elmo and Friends
- Bo and Dezzy: Bo on the Go!
- Justin and Olive: Justin Time
- Tod and Copper: The Fox and the Hound 2
- Clifford and Elizabeth: Clifford
For the big kids:
- Phineas and Ferb
- Shaggy and Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- Vada and Thomas: My Girl
- Martin and Chris: Wild Kratts
- Finn and Jake: Adventure Time
- Mario and Luigi: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
- Charlotte and Wilbur: Charlotte’s Web
For the adults:
- Rory and Lorelai: Gilmore Girls
- Schmidt and Nick: New Girl
- Ted and Barney: How I Met Your Mother
- Liz and Jack: 30 Rock
- Walter and Jesse: Breaking Bad
- Mulder and Scully: The X-Files
- Wayne and Garth: Wayne’s World
The above post was sponsored by Netflix. All thoughts, opinions, & ideas are my own. Thank you to Netflix for partnering with me. And thank you readers for supporting the brands that support this blog & my family.