Easy Sesame Chicken Potstickers
Asian food is probably my favorite. I mean, food is my love language, so I really and I mean really love food, but there is a level of comfort to Chinese takeout on a rainy night that’s best eaten while watching true crime documentaries. My Asian inspired Kung Pao Spaghetti is one of our family’s favorite summer staples. I love the multitude of flavors that Asian food features. No ingredient goes unseasoned. That’s a philosophy I can get behind. Recently, I whipped up these crazy easy Sesame Chicken Potstickers when I had a craving for my favorite food and they turned out incredible. I’d be doing you a disservice if I didn’t share my recipe with you.
In a large bowl, I added some ground chicken, chopped green onions, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, rice vinegar, and white pepper. It all gets mixed together to spread out all that delicious flavor.
Next I grab my won ton wrappers and drop about a tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the middle.
I dip my fingertip in water & run it along the edges of the wrapper to help seal it. And then I fold the wrapper up around the chicken, pressing gently to seal.
I repeat the process until all of the chicken has been wrapped up.
In a large skillet, I add a little bit of vegetable oil and over medium high heat I add the potstickers one by one in a single layer. I flip once, cooking them roughly 2-3 minutes per side.
We enjoy these right away with a little more green onion sprinkled over the top and some sesame seeds. I like to dunk mine in a little bit of low sodium soy sauce, but with all the different sauces available in my grocery store, I can’t wait to experiment with dipping them in some teriyaki sauce or some sweet hot sauce.
Guys, these are so good that I don’t even make a side to go with them. I just double the recipe and this is what we eat for dinner, ha! I just pile a bunch on my plate and enjoy them on the couch like I would takeout. It’s one of my favorite weekend dinners.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 36 won ton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, vinegar, and white pepper.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of chicken mixture into wonton wrappers one at a time.
- To seal, dip fingertip into water and trace edges. Fold wonton wrapper in half over chicken and press lightly to seal.
- Repeat until all chicken mixture is gone.
- In a large skillet, add oil and cook potstickers in a single layer over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan & sprinkle with optional green onion & sesame seeds.