Fudgy Coconut Oil Brownies
This post was sponsored by Crisco® Coconut Oil as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Fudgy brownies are one of my favorite indulgences. I love a warm gooey chocolate brownie fresh from the oven. There are several tricks for getting the perfect balance of fudge and gooey texture, but I’ve found the simplest way is to use coconut oil. These Fudgy Coconut Oil Brownies are an indulgent treat that will satisfy the chocolate-iest of sweet tooth cravings.
I start by adding some bittersweet chocolate and Crisco® Refined Organic Coconut Oil to a microwave safe bowl. The coconut oil is a great substitute for butter and other oils.
I’ve found Crisco® Refined Organic Coconut Oil to be the perfect secret ingredient since it doesn’t have the smell or taste of coconut; so it doesn’t alter the flavor of the chocolate in the brownies (unrefined still has the flavor and aroma of coconut).
In thirty second increments, I melt the chocolate and coconut oil until they’re completely combined.
I add in some white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and an egg yolk and combine everything together.
Then I add in some flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and stir until just combined.
I transfer the dough to a baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake for about 35 minutes until the batter is cooked through.
Before cutting into the brownies, I let them cool completely and then stick them in the fridge for a bit. They’re incredibly gooey so this helps them cut cleanly into squares.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup Crisco Refined Organic Coconut Oil (measured solid)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly before adding white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, place into fridge to set further before cutting into squares.
For more information on Crisco® Coconut Oil, both refined and unrefined, be sure to visit the Crisco® page on Facebook. Use the Target store locator to find out where you can purchase either of the Crisco® Coconut Oil varieties.