Honey Lemon Chicken and Green Beans Skillet Dinner
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PAMAvocadoPump #CollectiveBias
The new year is here, friends! And with it comes new goals. Whether you believe in new year resolutions or not, a brand new year is a good time to reflect and redirect, if necessary. Like most, one of my goals this year is to be more mindful of what I’m eating, what ingredients I’m using, and how I’m feeding my family. Food is my love language and I’m always open to products like PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil that help me deliver that love in a better-for-them way. I’ve already been swapping it out from butter and oil in several recipes, including my Honey Lemon Chicken and Green Beans Skillet Dinner with very tasty success!
To make this easy weeknight dinner, I start by tossing some chicken, soy sauce, and vinegar together in a zip close bag, ensuring the chicken is coated completely. I place the bag in my fridge for about thirty minutes for a quick marinade, but it can stay in the fridge for up to eight hours marinating.
In a small bowl, I add some chicken broth, the zest and juice from one lemon, some honey, cornstarch, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, and one clove of minced garlic and whisk it all together; then set it aside. This will become the delicious honey lemon sauce when all is said and done.
I generously spray a large skillet with my PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil. Unlike butter and oil, PAM Spray Pumps let me control how much I use to avoid over pour and manage added fat and calories. Plus, with the superior non-stick cooking experience of PAM and no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, I can make sure all of my recipes are real easy and real tasty without sticking to my cast iron skillet.
Then I add in some green beans and a pinch or two of kosher salt.
I stir and cook the green beans over medium high heat for several minutes until the beans are bright green, but still crisp. Then remove them to a plate and set aside.
Then I generously spray the skillet with my PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil once again to ensure the chicken doesn’t stick to my pan. The pump is built for an optimal combination of spray coverage and control, which is why I love using it in my skillet recipes.
I pour the chicken from the bag into the skillet and cook it on medium high heat until it’s cooked through and no longer pink. Then I remove the chicken to the plate with the green beans.
Then I transfer the honey lemon sauce to the pan and whisk it until thick and glossy.
The green beans and chicken get added back to the skillet and tossed together to evenly coat in the sauce.
Remove the skillet from the heat and serve over rice or quinoa with sesame seeds or sliced green onion for a quick and delicious dinner in roughly thirty minutes. Plus, by swapping sugar for honey and oil or butter for PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil, it makes a better for us meal that will help me with my New Year’s goal of feeding my family in a more mindful way.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Juice and zest from 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove minced
- In a large zip bag, add the diced chicken, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and toss gently to coat.
- Place in fridge to marinate for a minimum of thirty minutes or up to 8 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients together until combined and set aside
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat spray with PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil several times to coat pan.
- Add green beans and season with a pinch of salt.
- Stir and cook green beans for 5-6 minutes, until beans are bright green and heated through, but still crispy. Transfer to a large plate or bowl and set aside.
- Spray the empty skillet with PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil to coat and pour the chicken from the bag into the hot skillet.
- Season the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Allow chicken to cook through until no longer pink, roughly six to ten minutes, and removed from skillet to the same bowl as the green beans.
- Pour the whisked honey lemon sauce into the empty skillet and cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until the sauce reaches a low boil and thickens.
- Add green beans and chicken back to the skillet and stir to coat it all in the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve.
PAM® has a unique place in my kitchen and has been an important part of achieving my cooking goals, whether it’s cooking healthier or making a beautiful dessert to impress at a party, PAM has always been a go-to in my kitchen. Check your local Walmart for a demo of PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil and to grab an awesome bag while you’re there.