Semi-Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMadeSimple #CollectiveBias
During the holiday season, the term busy is an understatement for what most of us experience. With guests stopping in, often unannounced, & several holiday parties to attend, having an easy to make dessert on hand to entertain & feed those guests is always a good idea. But with all of our extra time devoted to the holiday, who even has time to create an impressive dessert? That’s why I’m sharing this super easy recipe for Semi-Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches. These ice cream treats are easy, festive, & will satisfy any surprise guests while also saving you loads of time during the hectic season of celebration.
My ice cream sandwiches feature HÄAGEN-DAZS® ice cream in pints. I love the wide variety of flavors made with the finest ingredients in the world, which makes this holiday recipe all the better for serving guests.
- HÄAGEN-DAZS® ice cream in pints (I grabbed three different flavors for a variety of sandwiches to serve)
- store bought cookies (or cookie dough & bake them at home if you have some extra time!)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Allow your ice cream to warm up just a touch. You want it soft enough to be able to scoop onto the cookies & then roll in the sprinkles, but ensure it’s not too warm or you’ll have a big mess! I let mine stay out of the freezer for about 3-4 minutes, which gave it just the right consistency.
- Scoop one large scoop of ice cream onto one cookie.
- Sandwich an additional cookie on top.
- Roll edges in sprinkles if you’ve chosen to add them.
- Place immediately into freezer.
- Repeat until you have desired amount of sandwiches.
- You can serve these right from the freezer!
These are such a great treat for all year round. They are simple & so easy to customize with sprinkles for any holiday. Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, the possibilities are endless! Plus, these flavors & more are all available at your local Walmart in the ice cream aisle. Entertaining has never been easier, am I right?