Midnight Chocolate Halloween Cookies
Friends, it’s officially October which means I’m pulling out all of my favorite Halloween recipes. I go hard for holidays and Halloween is the first of the -ember ending months trifecta. These Midnight Chocolate Halloween Cookies are a decadent triple chocolate cookie that feature dark cocoa powder, chocolate chunks, and orange M&M candy for the ultimate chocolate treat.
I start by mixing together a couple of sticks of butter and both brown and white sugar. Don’t all good cookie recipes start this way? Then I add in a couple of eggs and some vanilla.
In a separate bowl, I mix together some flour, dark cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, instant espresso powder (this is the magic ingredient for decadent chocolate cookies), and a dash of salt.
Once the dry ingredients are mixed up, I slowly add them to my wet mixture. This particular dough gets very thick, so I use my stand mixer.
Then in go the chocolate chunks. I fold in the M&Ms so they don’t break. These cookies are all about that beautiful orange and black contrast. Folding them in helps to keep them beautifully intact in all their orange glory.
I use a scooper, that’s the technical term, to portion out the cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
They get baked in a 350F degree oven for about ten minutes and then removed to a rack to cool.
These decadent Midnight Chocolate Halloween Cookies are not for the faint of heart. They’re extra chocolatey and delightfully rich. Plus they’re a festive way to welcome the spookiest of the months.
- 2 stick butter, softened (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 1/4 cups M&Ms (preferably orange)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little at a time, pausing in between to allow ingredients to incorporate.
- Add chocolate chunks.
- Fold in M&Ms.
- Drop cookies a tablespoonful at a time onto cookie sheet and bake for ten minutes.
- Renove from oven and allow to cool before enjoying.