This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BarillaFusion #CollectiveBias
Warm, gooey, full of cheesy goodness, and loaded with infused flavor, my One Pan Salsa Verde Pasta recipe is what dreams are made of. Working with Barilla pasta is like having a blank canvas; adding flavor to create a totally reinvented meal is easier than it seems, which is what I did with this simple one pan recipe.
I started by adding some chicken I’d already diced into bite size chunks into a large skillet with some olive oil. I seasoned them with a little salt and pepper while they cooked for several minutes until they completely cooked through and I removed them from the pan and set them aside on a plate.
In the same skillet I added some chicken broth, salsa verde, heavy cream, and some uncooked Barilla Penne pasta. I gave everything a few good stirs and let it come to a boil. Once it was at a boil, I turned the heat down to low, covered the skillet with a lid, and let it simmer for several minutes until the pasta was tender – al dente is always perfect.
I added the chicken back into the skillet along with some pepper jack cheese and combined everything together.
I added plenty of freshly chopped cilantro once the pasta was slightly cooled down and ready to serve.
This zesty One Pan Salsa Verde Pasta has quickly become one of my family’s weeknight favorites. It’s simple to throw together, packed with bold flavor, and only leaves me with one pan to clean up after cooking.
Barilla wants to inspire you to transform your own recipes into new twists, so they’re giving everyone who spins their prize wheel a coupon. There are thousands of prizes and everyone wins! At minimum, you’ll win a coupon to use when you purchase Barilla (each device ID will be given one free spin, and additional spins can be earned), but there are also prizes like an Instax Mini, Visa Prepaid Gift Cards, and even free Barilla products. I spun and won a free Barilla sauce! You could also print out a coupon here if you don’t want to spin the wheel.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced into bite sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups uncooked Barilla penne pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- cilantro to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken completely through and then remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add broth, salsa verde, cream, uncooked pasta, salt, and pepper and allow to come to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low allowing pasta to simmer with other ingredients for about fifteen minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat, return chicken to skillet along with one cup of cheese.
- Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Top with remaining cheese and cilantro and enjoy.
For additional recipes featuring Barilla pasta from bloggers like me, be sure to visit the Barilla social hub where you can also spin to win one of thousands of prizes, but you’re guaranteed to win at least a coupon to use towards your next Barilla purchase.