This post contains affiliate links, which just means that if you purchase something I’ve linked here, I get a tiny percentage!
On weeknights, I like to fill our menu with options that are easy breezy. This Paprika Cream Chicken is one of my husband’s favorites and I don’t mind one bit since it takes less than twenty minutes for me to make. After coating chicken breasts in a delicious blend of paprika and spices, they get a nice crisp fry in some butter before being bathed in a heavy cream bath. Friends, this chicken is glorious.
I start by trimming some chicken breasts into strips.
In a bowl, I mix together some chili powder, paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and just a bit of cayenne pepper because I love me some spice!
I coat the chicken in the seasonings.
In a large skillet (I use this Le Creuset one in sky blue), I melt a generous amount of butter and then put all the chicken into the pan.
I cook the chicken for a few minutes on each side. Just look at that beautiful crust!
Then I add in some heavy cream, more butter, and chicken stock and let it come to a gentle boil.
Then I whisk in just half a teaspoon of Glucomannan, which is a thickening agent that I like to use instead of flour or cornstarch.
I let it all simmer for another six or seven minutes and then it’s ready to serve. Just look at that beautiful crimson sauce!
I usually serve this Paprika Cream Chicken over cauliflower rice or mashed potatoes because the creamy sauce is so flavorful, it makes a perfect gravy over the top. I’ll also steam some broccoli or green beans for some fresh veggies, making this an instant meal that I can pull together on busy weeknights.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into strips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Glucomannan
- In a small bowl, combine salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Coat the chicken in the spice mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt three tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for several minutes on each side, flipping half way through cooking.
- Add chicken stock, butter, and cream to pan.
- Once the butter has melted, move the chicken to one side and whisk in the Glucomannan.
- Allow the chicken to simmer for another six to seven minutes.
- Serve over rice, potatoes, or cauliflower rice.