Puppy Chow Popcorn, an Easy Game Day Snack
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OrvilleGameTime #CollectiveBias
In my home, game day is serious. I’ve even got alerts set up in my phone calendar so that I never miss my favorite team. The evening of a game is filled with loud screams, cheers, groans, and anxiety eating when my team is behind, ha! I do like to have snacks out for family and friends to munch on during the game, but with a busy schedule I often don’t have a ton of time to set aside for making the snacks. Relying on brands that I can grab at my local Walmart, like Orville Redenbacher’s®, are how I’m able to deliver delicious food on game day while saving precious time. This easy Puppy Chow Popcorn take just minutes to make, so I can make it between commercial breaks if necessary. And it’s so good, friends. So. Good. Like absurdly good.
I start by popping a bag of Orville Redenbacher’s® Movie Theater Butter popcorn in the microwave and then I transfer it into a large bowl. I prefer Orville Redenbacher’s® because their popcorn contains no artificial preservatives, flavors, or dyes and their popcorn, in my experience, is always the best quality.
Then I grab a large zip closure bag and add powdered sugar.
In a separate, smaller bowl, I add some chocolate chips and peanut butter and melt them together in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until it’s melted together and smooth. Then I add some vanilla and stir again.
I pour the peanut butter chocolate mixture over the popcorn and stir it all to coat using a spatula.
Then I transfer the coated popcorn to the zip closure bag I filled with powdered sugar earlier. Yes, it will fit.
I zip it shut and gently shake the popcorn to coat it.
I transfer it to parchment paper to set and harden a bit, but if I’m being honest I skip this step more often than not and just transfer it all to a bowl and run back into the living room to make sure I didn’t miss a moment, ha! This popcorn recipe is super quick and easy to make, plus it’s the perfect food for anxiety eating when the team is behind, ha!
- 1 bag Orville Redenbacher's Movie Theater Butter popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pop the bag of popcorn in the microwave according to the instructions.
- In a gallon size zip bag, add powdered sugar and set aside.
- Transfer popped popcorn into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add peanut butter and chocolate chips and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted together.
- Add vanilla to melted chocolate and peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Pour melted chocolate and peanut butter over popcorn and stir to coat.
- Transfer popcorn into zip bag and seal.
- Shake gently to coat popcorn.
- Transfer to parchment paper to harden or bowl to enjoy immediately.
Find more inspiration for your game day party from bloggers like me here. You’ll find delicious recipes and even game day party tutorials.