When it comes to holiday cookies, I don’t discriminate. I’ll take any and every cookie offered my way and while I have mad love for cookie season, I have to admit there can only be one ultimate holiday cookie: the Snickerdoodle. Soft, chewy, and filled with sugary cinnamon flavor it’s my holiday favorite. These classic cookies are simple to make and usually the ingredients needed to create them are always on hand in my pantry; so when Bob’s Red Mill asked if I would partner with them on my favorite holiday cookie to gift to my family and friends, the Snickerdoodle was a total no brainer.
I start by creaming butter, shortening, and sugar together in my stand mixer.
I add in some eggs and vanilla.
Then some flour (Bob’s Red Mill of course), cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
Once combined, I pop the dough into the fridge for about an hour to firm up and make them easier to roll.
Meanwhile, I mix together some sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
After the dough has firmed up, I remove the dough from the fridge and begin rolling the dough into roughly two-inch balls.
I roll each ball of dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture and transfer it to a baking sheet that I prepared with some nonstick cooking spray.
I bake the cookies in a 375F oven for roughly eight minutes before removing them to cool.
These Snickerdoodles are slightly crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. The perfect cookie ratio of crispy and chewy with that familiar cinnamon sugar flavor that takes me right back to grandma’s kitchen during Christmas.
Food is my love language and by now, friends, most of you know this about me. And with this research to back it up, it’s no wonder I love cooking and baking for my loved ones! According to psychologists, baking for others promotes a sense of wellbeing and benefits the baker as much as, if not more, than the recipient. When I gift my creations to family and friends, it is truly a gift from my heart and these Snickerdoodles are no exception. Made with love, baked with Bob’s, and wrapped up with care, I know I’m gifting the highest quality treat I can deliver.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mill Organic All Purpose Baking Flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar and mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to fridge to firm for about an hour.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon in small dish.
- Remove dough from fridge and form dough into two inch balls.
- Roll each ball in cinnamon mixture and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375F oven for eight minutes and remove to cool completely.
For even more holiday baking inspiration featuring my favorite baking brand be sure to visit the Bob’s Red Mill website. You can also click here to get a coupon for $1 off your next Bob’s Red Mill purchase to bake your own holiday goodies.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.